The French-Polish by Colron is formulated to deliver an outstanding finish to a wooden surface, leaving behind a beautiful, high-gloss finish. Corlon utilises the positive effects of pure natural shellac with this formula, allowing an excellent quality finish.
The French Polish should be applied onto bare surfaces. If the surface has had a previous coating applied, it should be stripped back using an appropriate remover and then sand the wood back to the bare surface.
- Shake well before using the French Polish.
- Wrap a piece of cotton wool in a lint-free cloth to form a pad.
- Pour the Colron French Polish onto the cotton wool and squeeze the pad to release any excess.
- Work the French polish into the surface, using a figure of eight motion.
- Apply 2-3 coats of French Polish. It would help to lightly sand the surface between each coat to optimise the finish. You should wait 15-20 minutes between coats, allowing at least 24 hours for the final coat to dry.
Cloths, rags or any material soaked in the French-Polish should be washed clean and disposed of safely because they can be highly flammable. Any leftover French Polish should be disposed of safely, and you can do this by contacting your local authority to understand how they remove it.