Bond It has delivered a fantastic product when it comes to the Contactors Grade PVA Admix Adhesive, the various application you can use this product push it ahead of the competition, offering outstanding professional results.
As a primer/sealer (Concrete/Plaster): Great as a primer for renderings, for bonding new plaster to old, on porous brick stone floor tiles and new plasterboard
- Prepare the primer solution with 1 part PVA ADMIX: 3-6 Part fresh water.
- Apply using a brush, lambswool roller or spreader.
- Allow this to dry before putting on a bonding coat.
- As a sealer for dust-proofing, dilute 1 part PVA ADMIX: 2 parts fresh water.
As a key coat & bonding aid: For use as a key coat for new plaster, concrete repairs, cement screeds and renders.
- Prime the surface following the instruction above
- Apply a second coat, using 1 Part PVA ADMIX: 0.5-2 part fresh water
- Apply fresh plaster or render whilst the bonding coat is still tacky
For application on ceramic tiles and painted surfaces, ensure the surfaces will withstand loading new plaster onto it.
- Apply the PVA Admix Adhesive undiluted
- trowel on the plaster whilst the surface is still tacky
For key coats on porous and rough surfaces, bonding paving, terrazzo, quarry, slate and floor tiles;
- Prime the floor and back of the tiles as specified under the priming section
- Mix 4 parts PVA ADMIX: 1 part fresh water and coat floor and tile back.
- While the surface is still tacky, apply sand and cement slurry to the floor and bed in the tiles with a bedding thickness minimum of 3mm.
As an adhesive admixture: When applied neat, PVA Admix Adhesive will bond with most common building materials, provided one of the surfaces is porous.
- Apply to one side
- Whilst still wet, firmly press together for 3-5 minutes using clamps or weights until fully cured.
As an admixture: PVA Admix Adhesive will improve the workability and adhesion of plasters and cement
Applying internal patching mortars and screeds:
- Always apply cement renders, screeds or plaster whilst the bonding coat is still tacky. If dry re-apply
- For bonding new screed to old, prime clean surface with 1 part PVA ADMIX: 5 parts fresh water and allow to dry
- Bond new material with 1 part PVA ADMIX: 3 parts fresh water and allow to dry.