The External Frame Sealant by Everbuild provides fantastic perimeter pointing sealing features, suitable for external and internal timber and metal windows but only suitable for interior PVCu door and window frames. Other applications that this product achieves are sealing cracks and gaps in brickwork, stone and concrete.
You must prepare the surface to achieve optimal results. Clean the surface area thoroughly, removing contaminants such as dirt, dust, grease, oil, etc. Certain surfaces that are highly porous should receive a primer to it first; this is to aid the adhesion.
- Cut the top of the cartridge, ensuring not to damage the threaded screw.
- Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle with an opening slightly larger than the gap you are going to fill.
- Using a standard sealant applicator/gun, place the cartridge into the tool.
- Using a firm, consistent pressure, apply the tip to the surface and extrude the sealant to the surface.
- Once applied, you should smooth it down within 20 minutes; you should use an applicator tool or a wooden spoon/spatula with a soapy solution on it.
- This product should not be used in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt.
- Do not apply this product outside if rainfall is imminent, as it can affect the product and curing time.
- When cured, do not attempt to abrade.
- Wait until the skin is fully cured before painting over.
- Vinyl matt paint and certain others will not be suitable, and you should complete a preliminary test before the full application.
- This product is not suitable for external PVCu applications.