The Gun Grade Expanding Foam by Everbuild is perfect for filling irregular, large holes that most conventional fillers cannot achieve. Due to its excellent composite, a 750ml can yield up to 50 times its original volume, offering excellent value for money. Another feature of the expanding foam is its ability to be cut, sawn or plastered in just 1 hour after application, allowing those to complete the job quicker. Finally, it offers fantastic insulating and acoustic properties, with it restricting the travel of sound. Applications the Expanding Foam is typically used include;
- Gaps around window and door frames
- Holes around pipe entries through walls
- Electric wire chasing prior to plastering
- Fill the joint before applying sealant or plaster.
- Irregular cracks in stone, brick, concrete or plaster
- Fixing door frames and timber structures
- Repairing window sills, frames and thresholds
- Insulating behind cladding to exterior
- Insulating behind soffits and barge boards
You should clean the surface, focusing on removing any contaminants on the surface that can hinder adhesion; this includes dirt, dust, oil, grease, etc. After cleaning the surface, allow it to dry and then moisten it with water; this is to optimise the curing process.
Please equip a pair of protective gloves before handling this product. If you're applying this product to fix a door frame, support must be used to support the curing process of the foam.
- Shake the can thoroughly before using it (about 20 times)
- Carefully fix the nozzle; do not tie it too tight or force it.
- Ensure the can is upside down on top of the gun, and point the tip of the gun at the application area.
- Partially fill the gap; the foam will expand, filling the remaining void.
- Any excess foam can be removed whilst still wet with a dedicated foam cleaner, and if it's cured, you'll need to remove it mechanically.
- Do not over-pressurise the container, as it may explode.
- Always apply this product with an ambient temperature above 5°C
- Any spills should be cleaned using a dedicated foam cleaner; otherwise, you must remove the expanding foam mechanically.
- After using the product, you should clean the gun thoroughly using a gun foam cleaner.