Impact Adhesive by Evo-Stik offers outstanding adhesive properties, with its ability to instantly grab onto a surface, this product immediately binds surfaces and takes only 24 hours to reach its full strength. Despite the instant grab from the product, there is still an open time for movement between 20 - 60 minutes, depending on the temperature. Most glues cannot bind more challenging surfaces, such as non-porous and metal substrates, but this product can achieve full-strength adhesion. Some of the surfaces that this product is suitable for include;
Surfaces should be prepared before commencing the application to ensure optimal adhesion is achieved. This includes removing contaminants that can hinder the adhesion, such as dirt, dust, oil, grease and similar impurities.
- Using a standard spreader, spatula or paintbrush
- Apply a thin coat of adhesive onto one of the surface
- Bring the surfaces together, holding them firmly together for a few minutes to allow the bond to form
- Leave the surfaces bonded together for a total of 24 hours to enable optimal adhesion to be achieved
- This product is unsuitable for application on polystyrene, cellulose paint, vinyl, polythene, polypropylene and rayon fabrics. Always test in a small, inconspicuous area before completing the project if you need more clarification.