The flexibility of lead allows the slate base to be dressed to tiles of all profiles, avoiding wind lift or chatter problems.
Premium Flexislate bases are cut from BS EN 12588 Code 4 rolled lead sheet.
The Neoprene conical upstand is vulcanised at elevated temperature and pressure in contact with the base, forming a very strong rubber-metal bond.
Two conical upstand profiles are available, flat for 0°-30° roof pitched for 20°- 40° roof pitches.
Premium Flexislates are able to operate satisfactorily at temperatures between -40°C and 100°C and have an expected life of greater than 20 years, if correctly installed.
- For use on any pitched or flat roofs.
- Suits all common pipe diameters and pitch.
- One size slate will seal pipes of diameter between 25mm and 125mm.
- Suitable for flue pipes at temperature up to 100°C.
- Lead Flexislates provide a weather-tight joint where flue pipes and soil stacks penetrate a slate, tile, asphalt, felt or lead covered roof.