The Restec Flexitec 2020 Roofing Kit 10m² is an outstanding roofing system that provides a flush, smooth finish that delivers fantastic resistance to rainfall and weathering. Restec crafted it to be the successor of the 1010 roofing system, making this 2020 more compatible with different surfaces, including OBS3, GRP Overlay, Single Ply, EPDM, Metal, Lead, Concrete, Screed, Sa Carrier Layer, Aged Liquid, Asphalt and Felt. This roofing system offers up to 20 - 30 years of lifetime, with an easy-to-apply process that anyone can complete, and it adheres to multiple building regulations and achieves BROOF(t4) Fire Rating.
Preparing the surface for this roofing system depends on the surface you intend to apply it to. To understand this, you should read the installation instructions fully. However, one thing that must be ensured is that all surfaces included in the installation must be completely dry, and you can check this by using an infrared thermometer.
Similar to the preparation section, installation of this 2020 Roofing System requires an in-depth understanding of the process, which is understood by reading the installation instructions. However, a brief understanding of the process is;
- Check the surface, ensuring it's completely dry and sound
- Fix the GRP ResTrims onto the edge of the roof
- Mix the resin for the roof and ResTrims
- Tear small pieces of CSM and coat it in resin, applying it to ResTrim overlaps, upstands, etc
- Apply the first coat onto the surface
- Apply the second coat onto the surface