The 6-Year Anti Mould Paint by Ronseal offers exceptional colour and protection against steam, moisture and general mould from building up. This type of paint is perfect for rooms with high humidity and lack of ventilation, with bathrooms and kitchens being ideal application areas. A unique feature of this paint is its ability to be scrubbed clean, allowing you to maintain a pristine finish.
Ensure you prepare the surface correctly to achieve an optimal finish. If you're applying this directly to a newly plastered wall, you must allow seven days for the plaster to dry, then seal it down before painting it with this paint. With previously painted walls, if there's mould present, use a dedicated mould killer to remove the spores. Any leftover flaking paint on the surface must be sanded down with sandpaper.
- When opening the in, ensure you thoroughly stir the paint to mix all the pigments.
- Dip a brush or roller directly into the paint and apply it onto the wall, maintaining an even coat throughout the room.
- Allow four hours for the first coat to dry before applying a second.
- If you can still see under the paint after the second coat, apply a third coat, even a fourth or fifth if necessary.
- After the last coat has been applied, allow an entire 24 hours to pass before allowing any moisture to build in the room.
This paint isn't suitable for painting over; it is considered a top coat, and any emulsion applied over it will prevent the anti-mould formula from working. You are free to clean the surface after it's dried due to its formula, as it's very durable and scrubbable. Any leftover brushes or rollers with paint can be cleaned with warm, soapy water.