The Push-in Soffit Vent is an effective product that delivers ventilation in the roof's eaves, supporting the entire roofing space and combating condensation. They have a 4mm wide hole which complies with BS 5250:2011, guaranteeing its ability to provide efficient ventilation. It is crafted from polypropylene, which is a naturally lightweight material which makes the application more accessible; it also prevents the product from decay.
The Push-in vents can achieve an unrestricted airflow of 2000mm² per unit; however, this is achieved if they are placed at 200mm centre with an equivalent of continuous 10mm opening.
- Use to ventilate pitched roofs with a pitch of at least 15° or more.
- Space ventilators at 200mm centres.
- Cut a fixing hole of a 69-70mm diameter; if it is any bigger, the soffit will not fix securely.
- Push the ventilator firmly into the fixing hole.
- When installing the soffit vents, ensure they cover both sides of the building to create a cross-flow ventilation action.