The Telescopic Underfloor Vent by Timloc provides excellent airflow alongside other features, it adheres to various regulations such as;
- NHBC requirements
- BS EN ISO 9001
- BS EN ISO 14001
- All relevant Building Regulations
- All relevant British Standards
It is advised to use this product in conjunction with a Timloc Airbrick, this enables further features such as preventing vermin and small critters from entering.
- The installation location for this product should be with the airbrick and upper front opening positioned above the finished external ground level. (Typically same level as ground level DPC)
- The lower rear opening of this product should be positioned into the void underneath the ground floor without anything obstructing it.
- A vertical extension enables it to be stretched, making it suitable between 5-7 brick courses.
- Building Regulations require an unrestricted airflow inside the void of at least 1500mm² per metre run of wall. To achieve this, space your ventilators at 4m centres; however, if stagnant pockets of air may be present, Timloc suggests a spacing of 2m.
- NBHC recommends that ventilators are spaced at a maximum of 2m, with positions no more than 450mm from the ends of the wall.
- Ensure you have ventilators at opposite sides of the building; this will enable a cross airflow. Ideally, you should have one for either side of the building.
- You must create openings for any diving walls in the void below to enable unrestricted airflow.
- This product will fit cavities with an external leaf of 100-102.5mm, a minimum cavity width of 50mm and across a cavity of 100mm. You can get extension sleeves to accommodate thicker walls or broader cavities.
- To be installed with a DPC Cavity tray and wall weeps to collect any water ingress.