The Save Nails Adhesive works instantly, binding two surfaces with a robust bond that can withstand various weather conditions. Ideal for a wide range of surfaces, this product is suitable for insulating PU foams, walls, cladding, metal carpet edges, and automotive trim are just a few of the applications that this product is ideal for.
The types of surfaces that this product is suitable for include;
- Brick Veneer
- Plastic (Solvent attack can occur on some plastics, test prior)
Ensure the surfaces are prepared before the application can commence, complete this by removing grease, oil, dust and similar impurities.
- Apply using a standard sealant gun.
- Cut the cartridge's top, ensuring you do not damage the screw thread.
- Screw the nozzle onto the top of the cartridge and cut it at a 45° angle.
- Apply in a zig-zag motion on one of the surfaces.
- Place the two surfaces together, firmly pressing evenly across the whole surface to ensure they're fully bound.
- Leave to cure for 48 hours; if you bind heavy items, it will require additional support to hold them while the adhesive cures.
Bracing and additional mechanical fastening are suggested for ceiling or heavy wall panels to enable the adhesive to cure fully.
A few limitations of this product include being used in areas immersed in water or when in contact with asphalt, bitumen or polystyrene. Alongside that, this should not be used as a mirror adhesive. Some porous surfaces may need to be primed before application.