The Blackjack 901 Black Bitumen Paint by Everbuild offers an outstanding protective coat for most common building surfaces. It is waterproof, weatherproof and corrosion-resistant, ensuring the surface is protected against weather conditions. This product is suitable for multiple surfaces, some of these include;
It's required to prepare the surface before starting the application; otherwise, you will not achieve optimal adhesion with this product.
The surface must sound, be stable and thoroughly cleaned; any loose rust or flaking material on metal surfaces must be wire brushed off. This does include any paint on the surface; you must remove it. If the surface is new galvanised metal, the wire brush should be used to roughen the surface to allow optimal adhesion.
To enhance long-term protection, you can prime the surface with a rust-inhibitive product such as red lead or zinc phosphate. Porous surfaces should be primed with a bitumen primer.
- This product comes ready to use; stir it thoroughly before using.
- A minimum of two coats should be applied to the surfaces by brush or spray, with a 2-4 hour (depending on the weather) gap between coats to allow it to dry.
- This product is not suitable to be in contact with solvents.
- This product should not be used for potable drinking water tanks.
- Avoid inhaling the vapours.
- Allow the surface to dry entirely before applying a second coat.
- If you want to apply paint over it, this product will likely bleed through it, but a primer used between the bitumen paint and regular paint should prevent that.