This product has outstanding properties, allowing it to be used on various surfaces in various environments. It is suitable for sealing around baths, showers, basins and other sanitary ware, and it can also seal worktops, laminates and aluminium gutters. You can also use this product as an adhesive, and it's excellent for fixing PVCu Trims, cladding and panels together.
Before you can begin the application, you must prepare the surfaces. You can achieve this by removing dust, loose flakes, old sealants, grease, oil and other contaminants that can hinder the adhesion. Once you have completed this, make sure you dry the surface, and then you can begin application.
If the application area has a large gap, use an expanding foam or joint backing rod to support the silicone bond. Otherwise, you'll use more silicone sealant than needed to fill the void.
- Cut the top of the cartridge, taking care not to damage the threaded screw.
- Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle, with the size slightly larger than the gap.
- Screw the nozzle onto the top of the cartridge and place the cartridge into a standard sealant gun/applicator.
- Apply the tip to one end of the gap and use a continuous, even bead along the gap, ensuring you cover it all.
- Smooth down within 15 minutes, and you should use an applicator tool or a wooden spoon or spatula with a soapy solution on it. If you use your finger with water, you risk infecting the silicone, risking mould growth.
- You should not use it for aquarium manufacture
- This product isn't suitable for use in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt
- Certains highly porous surfaces like concrete or stonework will require priming as adhesion may be weak
- Do not apply on substrates that bleed oils or plasticisers
- Not suitable for application of double glazing units
- Not suitable for perimeter pointing of PVCu
- Do not apply onto soft metals like lead and brass
- No suitable for paints to be applied on top of.