The Roof & Gutter Sealant by Everbuild is the ultimate roofer's product due to its compatibility with various common roofing surfaces. This high-strength, long-lasting product is suitable with lead, concrete, roofing felt, zinc, bitumen, asphalt, steel and masonry, every substrate a roofer comes across. Another unique feature of this product is its ability to function under heavy rainfall and wet conditions, so it can cure successfully despite the weather.
All surfaces must be free from contaminants that can hinder the adhesion, and this includes dirt, dust, oil, grease, etc. You must also allow adequate time for new concrete and mortar to dry and mature.
- Cut the top of the cartridge, making sure to do not damage the threaded screw.
- Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle, with an opening to your required amount and place it into a standard applicator tool.
- Point the tip of the cartridge at the surface and apply either one singular swoop of sealant to bridge a gap (perimeter pointing) or as an adhesive; apply to one surface. Allow 10 minutes for the product to become tacky, bring the surfaces together, and apply an even firm pressure.
Limitations and Notes
- Do not apply this product to glass.
- Do not use on white PVCu.
- This product should not be used internally.
- This product will always remain tacky, so it should not be used where surface contact is likely.
- Slight crazy of the surface can occur in applications where exposure to direct sunlight, most of the sealant will remain pliable.
- This product should not be used in constant water immersion.