The Showerproof Bathroom Silicone by Everbuild is perfect for a non-porous and smooth surface. With a powerful anti-fungal composite, it's ideal in rooms with high humidity, and this is due to its combating any organic growth. Application this product is typically applied in includes;
- Sealing around showers, baths, basins and other sanitary ware
- As an adhesive for fixing PVCu trims, panels and claddings
- Sealing around laminates and worktops
- General draught proofing
All surfaces must be prepared to achieve optimal results. Start by cleaning the surface and removing all contaminants that can hinder the adhesion, such as dirt, dust, grease, oil, etc. Any old sealant must be removed, and surfaces like glass, metal and aluminium should be cleaned with a proprietary solvent cleaner. Porous surfaces may require priming; complete a preliminary test to know for sure.
- Cut the top of the care, ensuring you don't damage the threaded screw.
- Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle with an opening to the required amount and place it into a standard sealant applicator tool.
- Point the nozzle to the gap, and in one long bead, apply the silicone.
- Within 15 minutes of application, tool down the silicone using a wetted spatula or sealant tool
Limitations and Notes
- Do not use this product in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt
- this product should not be used on highly porous surfaces, such as concrete or stonework
- Do not use this product on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticisers
- Do not use on soft metals like lead, brass, copper or plated/anodised surfaces
- This silicone is not suitable for overpainting