The Ultra Hard Floor Varnish by Everbuild is an excellent, easy-to-apply floor sealer and protector that's ideal for application to most common wooden floor surfaces, including softwood, hardwood, chipboard and composite wooden boards. It's formulated to be touch dry within 30 minutes of application and durable enough to withstand large quantities of foot traffic. It leaves a transparent seal on the surface that won't cause any discolouration to the surface, giving the user confidence in its application.
When preparing the surface, applying this product to a bare surface is vital. With that in mind, if you have any current coating on the floor, you must use a suitable sander with 120-grit abrasive paper to strip the surface. During this process, you should wear a dust mask to prevent inhaling all the particles lifted from the substrate. If you notice any imperfections on the surface, for example, a small gap in the wood, use a suitable wood filler to repair it now.
- Stir the product well before use
- Dip a synthetic brush into the floor varnish and apply it to the wooden floor.
- Brush it following the direction of the wood grains.
- Apply at least three coats, giving 1 hour between each coat for the surface to dry.
- Before applying the last coat, lightly sand the surface and then apply the coat
- Always apply the varnish to a wet edge, working systematically across the surface, keeping wet edges together and avoiding overlaps.
Limitations and Notes
- This product is not suitable for application externally
- Always test a small, inconspicuous area before completing the full application
- This product should not be applied in temperatures below 10°C
- You should not use this product subject to prolonged water contact
- Do not use this product on laminate flooring