The Everflex 500 Bath & Sanitary Silicone by Everbuild is a high-strength, permanently flexible silicone ideal for application in areas that require sanitary standard surfaces or resilience to high humidity levels. Everbuild formulated this product to be versatile; alongside its excellent resistance, it's also developed with a fungicide, preventing any chance of mould growth. Application this product is typically used in include;
- Internal sealing in areas of high humidity or at risk of condensation
- Sealing around baths, basins, showers and sanitary ware
- Sealing around laminates and worktops
- Cap sealing to timber, metal and PVCu window frames.
- As a glue for fixing PVCu trims and panels
- Overall, general weatherproofing application
All application surfaces must be prepared properly to achieve optimal results. Remove any old sealant and general contaminants on the surface that can hinder the adhesion, including dirt, dust, oil, grease, etc. Surfaces like glass, metal and aluminium should be cleaned using a proprietary solvent cleaner. Any porous surfaces should be primed before application.
- Cut the top of the cartridge, making sure not to damage the threaded screw.
- Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle, with an opening slightly larger than the gap to fill, and place it into a standard sealant applicator gun.
- Point the tip of the cartridge to the gap and apply one long bead from one side to the other. You can use masking tape to prevent unwanted mess, making the application easier.
- Within 10 minutes of application, smooth down the sealant using a sealant tool, a spatula, or a piece of wood with a soap and water solution.
Limitations and Notes
- This product is not suitable for use in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt.
- Not for application to highly porous surfaces such as new concrete or stonework. Priming is advised.
- Do not apply this product to surfaces that bleed oils, solvents or plasticisers
- Do not use in the vicinity or with double-glazed units
- This product is not suitable for perimeter pointing of PVCu
- Do not use this product on soft metals such as lead or brass
- This silicone sealant is not suitable for overpainting.