The 15-Year Protection Direct To Metal Paint by Ronseals offers outstanding protection and vibrant colour to your surface. Ronseal's scientists brewed this formula to deliver exceptional adhesion to various surfaces, including rust! Available in multiple colours and finishes, you can rest assured we have the right choice for you. The surfaces that this paint can be applied onto include;
- Cast Iron
You must ensure that the surface you're applying the paint onto is free from contaminants that can hinder the paint. If you're applying onto bare metal, remove any loose rust or paint with a wire brush or 120-grit sandpaper. If the metal has been previously painted and is in good condition, lightly sand the surface with 240-grit sandpaper, wiping it down afterwards to remove any dirt present. If the state of the paint is poor, you'll have to remove it using sandpaper or a wire brush, then wipe away any loose dust left over with a damp cloth.
- When opening the paint tin, thoroughly stir it to mix the pigments
- The best application is using a brush or roller, but you can use a sprayer but you'll need to dilute with 10% water.
- Leave about 2 - 4 hours for each coat to dry
- You can apply two coats and leave it there, but optimal results are achieved through a 3rd coat
- The last coat you apply should only take 30 minutes to touch dry.
Remove as much paint as possible when cleaning up after completing the application, then clean your tools with warm, soapy water. DO NOT empty any paint into drains or watercourses; you can contact your local authority, who may have a procedure to eliminate the waste. To maintain a high-quality professional finish, you should check for imperfections every year; if you notice anything, sand the area down and paint the area with another two coats.