The Water Seal by Thompson offers excellent surface protection due to its unique advanced formula. Thompson brewed this formula with a combination of alkyl polysiloxane resin and hydrophobic waxes, offering outstanding water protection. This product is designed to go on surfaces such as;
Before application, give the surface a thorough scrub with a stiff bristle brush, and if any cracks are present, fill them in and do any pointing repairs required.
- Give the tin a good shake
- Using a brush or roller, apply to the wall working at 1-metre sections, applying from the bottom upwards
- Once you've completed the first section, move on to the next, working from the bottom upwards
- Ensure you coat mortar lines and cover the whole wall, including isolated areas.
- Once the first coat has dried (average 2 hours, depending on the surface), apply the second coat.
- Do not apply this product if the air or surface temperature is below 10°C
- If rain it is raining or imminent during the application and drying time, do not apply this product.
- This product is unsuitable for masonry paint or other pre-painted surfaces.
- Some substrates may darken when treated.
- Detergent should not be used to clean the surface which is being protected.
- This product is unsuitable for application on surfaces such as asphalt, synthetic fibres, plastics or natural rubber.
- This product is not suitable for application on wood.
- During application, ensure the environment is well-ventilated.
- This product is for external use only. Do not apply on floors, patios, ponds, roofs, garden retaining walls, below ground and damp-proof membranes where positive water pressure is likely.