This Squeezy Bath and Kitchen Sealant by Bond It is fantastic for sealing around baths, sinks and worktops. The properties of this sealant offer mould resistance, which is excellent for areas with high humidity. It's easy to apply directly from the tube, and any mistake made can be rectified with water offering newbies to D.I.Y an easy-to-use application. The surfaces that are suitable for this product are;
- Treated Metals
Ensure you prepare the surface before you start the application, complete these by removing any contaminants that can interfere with the adhesion. If grease is on the surface, use an acetone solution to remove it.
This product doesn't need a primer to bind itself to most surfaces, however, you may encounter surfaces such as concrete that might need primer coated on it prior.
- Unscrew the cap from the tube
- Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle with the gap slightly larger than the gap to be filled.
- Squeeze the tube to extrude the sealant
- Tool down within 20 minutes of application, use an applicator tool or wetted spatula.
Sealing around a bath: If sealing around a bath, you should fill it to ½ amount; this will put the tub at the midpoint. Seal around the bathtub and leave the water inside for 12 for the sealant to cure.
Ensure you protect the sealant for at least 24 hours to allow the skin to cure fully.
This product isn't a silicone sealant and isn't suitable when;
- Applied during rainfall
- Applied in an environment where the temperature is below 5°C
- Used in joints constantly immersed in water
- In contact with bituminous products
- Areas of high abrasion