The Bond It Squeeze It Door & Window sealant is perfect for pointing and sealing various surfaces, suitable for interior and exterior environments, the easy-to-use squeezy container makes it simple irrespective of your previous experience sealing. Overall, this product excels at waterproofing and draughtproofing area in business and domestic buildings.
Ideal for most common surfaces building materials, areas of application this product is used are; soffit boards with limited movement, door and window frames, pre-formed panels and timber.
- Pre-formed panels
Before the application can begin, you must prepare the surfaces by removing any contaminants that can hinder the adhesion; this includes oil, grease, dirt, dust and similar impurities. An acetone solution is recommended for degreasing.
Typically this product doesn't need a primer to adhere to most common building surfaces. However, you may experience that you must coat it with a primer on some surfaces like concrete.
- Remove the cap from the product
- Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be filled
- If the hole is deep, use foam strips to provide backing for the sealant
- Squeeze the product to extrude the sealant
- Tool down within 20 minutes of application using an applicator tool or wetted spatula/spoon
- Excess sealant needs removal with a damp cloth before drying
This product isn't a silicone sealant; instead, it is water-based. Therefore, it isn't suitable;
- To be applied externally during rainy weather,
- If the temperature is below 5°,
- Used on joints constantly submersed in water
- Won't work with bituminous products
- Not great for areas of high abrasion
- Plastic bathtubs should have a more flexible sealer used.