The Mirror Pro Adhesive is ready to use and suitable for various surfaces, it has unique properties such as non-corrosive and outstanding resistance to heat and humidity without needing a primer. It contains a power anti-bacterial and mould-resistant formula, allowing areas of application like Kitchens and Bathrooms to be the ideal location for this adhesive.
Suitable for interior and exterior use, this product offers excellent water-resisting properties and UV resistance, preventing discolouration. Materials that are suitable for this product include;
- Glazed surfaces
- Treated and untreated wood
- Lacquered wood
- Most Plastics (Except PP, PE and PTFE)
You must prepare the surfaces before application to guarantee optimal adhesion and remove contaminants such as oil, grease, dust and other similar impurities.
- Apply using a standard sealant gun
- Cut the top of the cartridge, making sure you don't cut the threaded screw
- Screw the nozzle onto the top of the cartridge
- Cut the nozzle at 45° angle with an opening of 10mm
For glass thickness between 2mm - 4mm:
- Apply a 10mm bead of adhesive at 100mm intervals vertically to the back of the mirror or the surface you plan to bind onto.
- Once the bead is applied, bring the two surfaces together, applying even pressure across the whole surface.
- Use tape to temporarily support the bond and allow the adhesive to cure fully, you can apply the sealant around the edge of the mirror to further help it but complete this 24 hours after.
For glass thickness above 6mm:
Mirrors of this size or above, including mirrors with an area of 1m² or bigger, will require mechanical fixings to support it.
This product is not suitable for surfaces that bleed oil or plasticiser or for manufacturing structural glazing. Any mirror that's thicker than 6mm will need mechanical fixing to support it, this includes mirrors on sloping walls or ceilings. Any mirrors bigger than 1m² must have a mechanical fixing, you should not use this product on safety mirrors.