The 125 One Hour Chaulk by Everbuild has excellent properties allowing it to seal and fill cracks and gaps before decorating. It can seal the perimeter with ease, offering a robust sealant that will maintain strength. Other areas this is great for application include skirting boards, ceiling cornices, windows and door frames.
You must prepare the surfaces before starting the application, this is because if you do not, certain impurities present may hinder the adhesion of this product.
Ensure you remove all old sealants, remove any flaking on the surface and ensure the surface is free from dust, oil, and grease and is clean and dry.
- Cut the tip of the cartridge, and make sure you do not damage the threaded screw.
- Screw the nozzle onto the top of the cartridge, cut it at a 45° angle with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be filled
- Use a standard sealant gun, apply directly to the surface, and maintain even pressure to guarantee an even bead.
- Smooth down within 20 minutes of application, and you can do this with an applicator tool, wetted spatula or wooden spoon that is gently soaked with a soapy solution.
- You can paint over this product around 1 hour after application.
- Do not use this product if it will get into contact with bitumen or asphalt.
- Do not attempt to abrade when cured.
- Please wait until it's fully cured before painting.
- For internal use only.
- Certain paints may not work and damage the sealant, certain vinyl matts won't work.