Roof & Gutter Sealant by Evo-Stik is a highly flexible sealant joint for external application on roofing and guttering areas. Perfect for repairing emergency damages, you can apply this product in wet conditions without concerns for interference with the adhesion. Due to its non-drying nature, lap joint application is ideal as the Roof & Gutter Sealant will retain a waterproof seal. The surfaces which this product is suitable for include;
- Bituminous roofing materials
Ensure that you remove any contaminants on the surface that can interfere with the adhesion; this includes dirt, dust, oil, grease and similar impurities. If the application is between bolted sections, ensure you see that the tightening of bolts doesn't squeeze out the sealant; if so, use washers to prevent this.
- Cut the dome at the top of the cartridge, taking care not to damage the threaded screw.
- Screw the nozzle on, cutting it at a 45° angle with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be filled.
- Using a standard sealant gun, apply directly to the gap, maintaining an even bead to ensure it makes contact with both surfaces to guarantee optimal adhesion and a professional finish.
- This product is unsuitable for application in areas with frost or ice.
- Do not use this product in applications that are immersed constantly in water.
- Not suitable for the manufacturing of aquariums.
- Do not expose this product to solvents or oils, as it may weaken the sealant.