The 10-Year Roof Seal by Thompson's is uniquely brewed by the scientist in their technical department with a formula consisting of a combination of acrylic polymers, fillers and pigments in an aqueous solution. This delivers outstanding sealing and repairing on various roofing substrates, some of these include;
General Preparation: Give the surface a decent scrub with a bristle brush, removing any dirt and dust on the surface. Complete any remedial work necessary, cut open any old felt blisters and ensure any ponding water is dried before securing with felt tacks. Fill any crack and level any depression in the roofing felt.
Abutments, Flashings, Valleys & Upstands: Apply a 30cm scrim bandage to the area of repair.
Bituminous Surfaces (e.g. Roofing felt & Asphalt): Remove any loose chipping & dust with a brush or trowel.
Slates & Tiles: Clean thoroughly and carry out any remedial work to the structural integrity if required, and it is essential as well to make sure there is enough ventilation in the roofing void.
Corrugated Metal: Remove any coating and rust with a wire brush, thoroughly clean the area and apply a proprietary rust treatment.
Please note that the environment's condition will affect this product's drying times.
- Give the tin a thorough stir before use
- Using a brush, roller or soft broom, apply in long, smooth strokes over the area of repair
- Wait 6 hours before applying a second coat.
- Wear appropriate protective clothing and gloves.
- Do not apply if the air and surface temperature is below 10°C.
- Do not apply this product if it's raining or if rain is imminent.
- Always store and transport in an upright position.
- Protect from frost.
- Remove as much product as possible from the equipment before cleaning. Clean all tools and equipment with water and detergent.
Do not empty into drains or watercourses.