The Bond It Gripbond - Instant Grab Adhesive is a fast bonding adhesive with fantastic gap-filling properties and it has the ability to bridge gaps up to 12mm wide. You can use this in any weather conditions and it can be applied to both rough and porous surfaces.
Suitable for various applications, the only limitation of this product is that it won't last if; going to be submersed under water often, this won't work well with asphalt, bitumen or polystyrene. It's not to be used as a mirror adhesive, if the area is dusty or porous, you should prime the area beforehand.
Please note that this product can cause solvent attacks on specific plastic, so if they intend to use plastic, be sure to test it first to see if it's compatible.
- Use a standard sealant gun
- Cut the nozzle at an angle of 45°, with the hole slightly larger than the gap you intend to fill.
- Puncture the membrane at the base of the nozzle, a long wood nail is suggested.
- Apply a 6mm Bead or larger, then proceed to apply the adhesive in a zigzag
- Once you've completed the application, apply even pressure across the entire surface and leave to cure for 48 hours