The Pro-Mate Sealant is durable, long-lasting silicone, perfect for interior and exterior uses. Great for general building maintenance, a unique feature of this product is its ability to bind glass together or with aluminium. Suitable surfaces that are great for this product include;
- Cement (Must be primed beforehand)
- Concrete (Must be primed beforehand)
- Bare metals ( Must be primed beforehand)
Preparing the surfaces before the application is quintessential; complete this by removing all dust, grease and other contaminants that can interfere with the adhesion. If you are filling a significant gap or one with movement, use a suitable backing tape or rod to help minimise the wastage of sealant.
- Apply using a standard sealant gun
- Cut the tip of the cartridge without damaging the threaded screw
- Screw the nozzle onto the top and cut it at a 45° angle
- Apply to the gap
- Tool down within 5 minutes using a sealant applicator tool or wet spatula.
This product won't work on unprimed cement, metals or concrete. This product will also not work well in areas with significant fungal or mould growth, you should look to use the MULT-MATE instead. Joints in which water can generate hydrostatic pressure through the substrate should have remedial work done before application. This product is not recommended for bedding in double-glazed units.