The Bath & Kitchen Sealant by Everbuild is excellent at general sealing in and around bathrooms and kitchens; it can withstand high humidity levels and prevents damp mould from growing. It is suitable for internal use but can adhere to various surfaces to allow more application areas than just the bathroom & kitchen.
Some of the surfaces that this product can adhere to are;
Prepare the surfaces before application; complete this by removing all contaminants that can hinder the adhesions. These include; dust, oil, grease, general dirt, and flaking materials on the surface.
Certain surfaces, such as highly porous ones like new plaster, will need a primer coat applied first.
Cut the tip of the cartridge, ensuring you do not damage the threaded screw.
Apply the nozzle onto the cartridge, and cut the nozzle at a 45° angle, making the opening slightly larger than the gap to be filled.
Using a standard sealant gun, apply a firm and even pressure along the application area, providing an even bead for maximum strength.
Tool down within 20 minutes of application using a wetted spatula, wetted wooden spoon, or applicator tool.
- Protect from water for at least 24 hours after application; damp or humid conditions will significantly increase the curing time.
- Do not use this product with bitumen or asphalt.
- Do not attempt to abrade when cured.
- Wait until the skin has formed before painting over this product.
- Certain vinyl matt paints are not ideal for painting over this product because it does not have much movement and will crack if movement is excessive.