Stain Block Damp Seal by Thompson's delivers excellent properties, restoring walls and ceilings to their original glory. Thompson's Scientist brewed this product with a low odour, solvent-based, highly pigmented acrylic system, allowing a consistent and effective restoration.
Ensure that before you begin the application, you remove the source of dampness. Additionally, remove any wallpaper and flaking paint with a damp cloth, and any cracks or holes should be filled. Open all doors and windows to make a well-ventilated room, and note that you can apply this product to a damp surface, not a dripping wet one.
- Give the tin a thorough stir
- Using a brush or roller
- Dip it into the paint and apply directly to the affected area, plus 30cm around it.
- After 2 hours, the first coat will dry. However, don't apply the second coat or decorate on top until 4 hours after.
- Do not apply this product if the air or surface temperature it below 10°C.
- This product isn't suitable for external surfaces, below ground level or where efflorescence is present.
- Before commencing treatment, ensure you prevent all causes of dampness, including structural and plumbing faults and rising dampness.